Earn Awesome Free Stuff!

Search & Win

Friday, March 5, 2010

Step One: Check!

My husband and I went to the seminar on Wednesday. There was a lot of information (2 hours worth!). I learned a little. And further sealed my decision that I will NOT do roux-en-y (gastric bypass). I'm not ok with cutting up my guts :p
The class is required by my dr's office before even being referred to meet with a surgeon. So now I've been referred, and I'm waiting for the gastric surgery department to contact me! Still scared, but even more excited now!
The worst part was learning that caffeine and carbonation are contra-indicated. I literally drink about 88 oz of diet Pepsi every day. So I'm starting the cutback now. I stuck to 32 oz yesterday (may still sound like a lot, but it's a huge step down! Baby steps!) Today, I had two 32 ouncers. It's a Friday, and I haven't had a patient at work in 6 hours... I needed it to stay awake! 64 is still better than 88!
I am so excited at the prospect of lessening/eliminating my knee pain, acid reflux, and shortness of breath.
When the process really starts rolling, I'll start posting pictures and weigh-ins to chart my progress.
I guess that's all I have to say, until my next appointment happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment